Saturday, September 27, 2008

Why AliTapTap

It is one of the code names I loved to pen on my writings but I was not able to use it publicly. Alitaptap is firefly tagalog...the word firefly has some connections with my real name. "Luci" involves fire and light and the factor that the Alitaptap is tiny and small, so am I. Like mosquito, one that could hardly notice its existence but because it bears a tiny light within it becomes noticable. When I saw real fireflies in one of the wild fields of Calapan, Mindoro for the first time I was so amused and amazed. Amused because they came in hundreds, a beautiful site in a place where electricity hasn't developed yet. Amazed because I was wondering how do their small bodies can bear light, of how can they glow themseves in the dark.
I had handful of codenames I used before in different era, chapters for different ocassions of different group of people.
Pickles, Supergirl, Anak ni Darna, China Blue, ButterflyKisses, Crystalynx, The Drifter in The Dark, Hopeless Romantic and Unnoticed Firefly where I got my newest identity as a Blogger. I am now AliTaptap.
When I was working in a Mini-Hospital this 2 year old Michelle who Aunt was working with me, mistaken me as her untie's companion who seemed to drag her away from them used to call me Alice. She taught my name was Alice, because we were
alis nang alis( always leaving). She keeps on calling me Alice. It took us a year or so before that mistake was corrected.
A-l-i =Ali. I was delighted to know that my favorite Irish superstar's third child was named Alice and she is now Ali for short. Double Tap which is taptap is my appreciation for having the
Tapdancer in my life. Tapdancer is one of the few precious friends I had in the music business. This tap lady is Nyoy's gift to me. So funny and amusing that whenever she makes and account on any site, she has so make it in two. she could not contain herself and her friends into one account. As if nangungulit that one must log into the two accounts.

Alitaptap is a tiny
lightbearer by task . I can recall the words of these old Pastor few years back about my being a lightbearer. He was advising me to not to leave. "Pag umalis ka...kawawa naman ang kapatid mo...she will be left in the dark. You are bearing the light, pag umalis ka ...wala na ang ilaw" Through the years until that old man went with the Lord I was being haunted by his lines. I never wanted to be a lightbearer, such an odd task. What I know is I am more of a waterbearer because of my being an aquarian.
Anyway, WATERBEARER or LIGHTBEARER whatever wherever as long as they rhyme. AliTapTap is now signing in to a different and new era of blogging.
Enjoy!!!

No comments: