Wednesday, September 24, 2008

to the unseen

my naked eyes cannot see you

but I know you're just there

faithfully guarding and guiding

protecting me through and through

it ain't matter where you

choose to stand, sit or fly

infront, my side or at my back

either down or low as long as you are nigh

You must be the unknown spirit

who tickles me with touches

softly dances around my crib

a babe was I showered with smiles

never been at all, aware

I grew up you were still there

my walks, talks, my fancies and cares

nothing was hid, you had seen them all

you are the closest witness

to all my glories, triumphs and falls

my follies, hidden sins----weaknesses

oh, you had known me all along

you ought to be the wings of my joys

who brings the clouds upon my feet

as if you also roam in wildest fleet

whenever this heart of mine overflows

you must be the furious wind

that rages in maddening circles

when I cried out loud indespair

above my head--you are the agonizing whirlwind

you are the ever strength

upon my frail arms and legs

my lone messenger to the throne

who whispers off my petitions and pleas

my constant companion---friend

in all my distant journeys

one who lightens up my bearings

my shield, my veil from harm and ills

how many irk-lurking demonds

had you swept away from me?

and how many battles you had lost

because of my insane stupidity?

had I failed you yet more of a thousand times

that you remain there--soft and still?

rubbed off all my restlessness each night

grant me sleep of tranquility

from birth down to the grave

until my life on earth expires

you will be the prize trasure

my soul shall ever keep

it will take death to see you

it will take forever to thank you

even my last breath I shall give away

surely my spirit will find you there

my sweet guardian angel

so kind and true---ever faithful too

are you up there gladly swirling in the air

knowing I am writing this for you?

I wrote this piece around 1999 when I was left all alone by my lawyer-boss who flew to the US to be with his wife for Christmas. I was spending the nights of December at the third floor of the pension house own by the Capulongs located at Antipolo Street, Makati City. Yes, I was alone but I don't feel lonely, scared or depressed just like some of the people I know who hates and scared being alone. I was perfectly alright after spending the whole day with less office work since the boss wasn't around. My mind got drifted on the things not seen, probably inspired on what I heard, read and watch about unseen spirits I got tickled with these thoughts. As if writing to a friend...I poured out my thoughts and emotions without any fear and inhibitations.
Since my imagination of angels are tall, shiny, goodlooking and strong just like American and European guys I spontaneously wrote my piece in English. I had forgotten that these beings are intelligently---multilingual. I don't remember where, when or who told me this school of thoughts, but that what my faith embossed into my mind.
When I was young, my grandma made me believe whenever I do good...makes my wings at the back grow. That someday this so called wing will grow big enough then I could wing my way to heaven. I will just fly higher than the birds.
Education and comprehensive Bible teachings evaded these belief that somehow molded my perspective on these creatures. I had learned that though they are spirits. They are personalities with the non-existence of flesh and blood. They can be felt with out touching.
I was able to finished this free-verse poem satisfied and happy as if I had written a note to a friend which I know its content will make him happy that is why I concluded this piece with a teasing/tickling line. I loved this short poem that in a matter of days. I was able to wrote a counterpart of it entitled TO THE ACCUSER which upon writing had caused me stress and nerve wrecking feeling. I was once told "You can never play with the demonds without getting burned". It took me days to finish the second piece. I know my stress and uncomfortable feelings is just manifestation of spiritual wrestling. The first piece got done in less than an hour but the second one was a struggle.

When I was working on my second book "THE EXTREME CONTRASTS OF MY LIFE" piece by piece I tried to encode my articles into my own briefcase inside my boss' computer in the office. As what I had anticipating something went wrong. When I was working on this second piece. My whole documentation was erased. I was depressed and these thoughts came into my mind. Don't mess with an enemy unless you are armed, prepared and strong enough. These demon doesn't want to be exposed, hates to be talked about. Until now my second book is still progress because of that incident. My compilation of extremes is yet intact but filing up.

My guardian angel and my guardian demon are one of the extreme contrasts of my life both unseen, one was God-Sent, the other was Devil-Sent. I had lived with both throughout my life. The first was my friend...the second one was an enemy(has anybody told me that demons are billing conscious too...they hate to be seconders---hahaha...what a word!).
Anyway I am still interested on including these UNSEEN forces in my second book. It would not be easy I know because this will cause spiritual wrestling and colliding of good and evil in my domain. I pray God gives me strength and power.
I already lost the piece on THE ACCUSER (I know he hates EXPOSE' but I am more determined to do my pending project that is long over-due. As if repeating what had happened before. I am struggling to finish a piece in days but I don't mind. If it is His will. It will be done

No comments: